Director, Information Security
Santa Monica, Los Angeles
Skydance Media is a modern content creator managing IP across a panoply of mediums including features, television, animation, and video games on a global footprint. The Skydance Information Security Director is responsible for shaping company policy, advising IT Executive Staff on current and potential threats, monitoring and maintaining a proactive security posture, and rigorous testing and risk management. This includes but is not limited to Network Monitoring, Preventative and Detection Controls, Forensics and Investigations, Security Awareness, Security Vulnerability Management, and Cyber Threat Intelligence activities.
- Writing security policies and procedures documenting requirements and architecture
- Maintain a SOC playbook
- Penetration and vulnerability testing and the clear presentation of actionable findings
- Assess, triage and prioritize security alerts from logging and monitoring systems
- Identify, triage, and remediate threats based on threat intelligence
- Investigate and communicate with peers on the risk posed by these threats
- Report on findings from investigations and incidents to stakeholders as needed
- Evaluate system, application, and user data for adherence to organizational and government policies and procedures
- Assess newly published vulnerabilities and attacker Tactics, Techniques and Procedures to identify possible defensive measures to locate and stop threat actors
- Contributes to tool optimization and automation initiatives to streamline analysis and response workflows.
- Bachelor's degree in information systems, security, computer science or a related technical field of study and 1 year of professional or academic experience in information security areas such as threat hunting, incident response, forensics, security analysis, security engineering, etc, OR 3+ years of professional experience in the aforementioned areas without a degree
- Experience with operating system internals and security controls including macOS, Windows, and Linux
- Experience with regular expressions and scripting language(s) (e.g. Python, Bash or PowerShell)
- Experience configuring and analyzing WANs, LANs, VLANs, VPNs, and TCP/IP protocols
- Experience developing and managing standards for AD, Group Policies, Cloud system switching/routing, Virtualization, Business Continuity and DR
- Experience with malware behavioral analysis and broader system forensics
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Apply critical thinking to all activities and actions, in pursuit of Skydance’s InfoSec goals
- Demonstrable track record of exceptional performance
- Exceptional organizational and self-management skills
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) preferred
- ISC2, ISACA, GIAC a plus
- Media & Entertainment experience a plus
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.
Only applications submitted through the linked job form will be considered.