Director of Finance - Skydance Animation
Mid-City, Los Angeles
The Director of Finance is a key member of the Animation group, playing an integral role in strategic and financial planning, reporting and analysis of Skydance Animation. This hands-on position reports to the Senior Vice President of Skydance Animation.
- Review and analyze all weekly production finance deliverables including but not limited to: bible runs, trial balances, cost reports, hot costs, check registers and ensure that they follow policies and procedures
- Prepare and/or approve cash flows for various projects; reforecast cash flows as actuals are reported
- Oversee monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting in to Corporate, individual project’s activity in our general ledger, including funding, and bank reconciliations
- Engage with Unions and Guilds regarding their Pension and Health Plans
- Supervise production and corporate payroll for union and non-union employees
- Oversee allocations of overhead to current films in production.
- Be a strategic partner to executive management, content and production leaders, and outside production partners
- Consult with Corporate on hedging currencies for overseas payments
- Perform ad hoc financial analysis as needed
- Experience in financial reporting and/or operational accounting; including overseeing Chart of Account set up, AP & AR processing, Treasury and Cash flow processes
- Knowledge and familiarity with various operational finance systems
- Pragmatic, highly organized and high attention to detail
- Experience in financial modeling preferred
- Ability to work well in a small team environment
- Foreign currency gain/loss experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills and ability to lead teams effectively across business lines
- Experience implementing and improving business process and systems
- Advanced knowledge of various accounting software: Vista, PSL, Ease, Intacct
- Must have working understanding of union and guild agreements
- Ability to work in a demanding, high pressure and time-sensitive environment
- Strong capability to multi-task and prioritize multiple demands
Education Requirements / Experience
- 5-10+ years of progressive experience in an Accounting/Finance role within a studio, network, or production company
- Accounting, finance, or quantitative undergraduate degree preferred
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with this role. Skydance Animation Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Only applications submitted through the linked job form will be considered.