Director, Digital Marketing
The Director, Digital Marketing oversees Skydance Media’s digital marketing presence across all online channels and as it relates to its corporate positioning with the goal of developing brands, building fan base and promoting content. The position spearheads overall digital marketing strategy, audience development, in-house content production, original video programming, external agency management, event activations, paid media and performance. In addition, assists with the creation of corporate ads, presentation decks and other corporate materials as assigned.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Spearheads all aspects of the Skydance social media handles including overall strategy, audience development, in-house content production, original video programming, external agency management, event activations, paid media and performance.
- Partners on digital marketing initiatives with studio and network teams for Skydance’s film, television, and interactive properties.
- Leads the team in video and creative concept brainstorm sessions and follows through on key ideas to execution.
- Creates vendor RFPs, negotiates and manages budgets, and works with the legal team on contracts.
- Plans and executes influencer/marketing activations at major conventions, conferences, and events such as San Diego Comic-Con, SXSW, and premieres.
- Oversees all information, functionality, and updates of the corporate website.
- Serves as a resource for any corporate branding needs including presentation decks, ads, and other various corporate marketing collateral.
- Has an established foothold on the digital landscape and identifies trends that may inform strategy or creative execution across platform and campaign work.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Film, Television or related.
- 6-8 years of relevant digital marketing experience in entertainment on either the client or agency side.
- 2+ years of people management.
- Strategic, analytical, a strong leader, and a big thinker. Must be able to evaluate and demonstrate success through KPls and reporting.
- Exceptional people and project management skills; ability to manage relationships with various business units, departments, consultants and external partners/agencies. Must be able to prioritize, multitask, and focus while adhering to timelines and budgets.
- Must have a flair for writing consumer-facing copy, a strong sense of visual design, and the ability to give and take detailed creative direction and notes on material.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud primarily Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Experience with a variety of social and digital publishing, monitoring, and analytics tools such as Hootsuite, Sprout Social, and Mail Chimp.
- Deep knowledge of paid digital media strategy and execution for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Google.
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Only applications submitted through the linked job form will be considered.