Director of Production Safety
Skydance is seeking a senior level Director of Production Safety to oversee safety for all global productions, both film and television. The ideal candidate will have previous proven experience overseeing safety within a studio or network and will have managed multiple concurrent productions.
Duties included, but are not limited to:
- Provides health & safety consulting services to Skydance global productions
- Evaluates production concepts, scripts, pitches, etc., for safety and environmental concerns and risks
- Mitigates safety concerns by working directly with Production Executives, Producers, Unit Production Managers and other production staff
- Works directly with the Production in the planning and execution phase of all filming: assessing safety needs, securing appropriate vendors, and traveling to remote locations as required
- Attends production technical scouts and production meetings on a national and international basis
- Develops and distributes the Production Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP), and other production safety guidelines to production partners
- Evaluates production sets, stages and locations for safety issues
- Recommends corrective actions and assists productions in implementation
- Responds to, and investigates production emergencies, incidents and accidents
- Coordinates production employee health & safety training
- Works independently without direct management supervision
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with industry safety organizations, representatives and governmental regulatory agencies as appropriate
- Minimum of 10 years of production safety experience working for a studio, other production entity or as a production safety consultant
- Thorough understanding of motion picture and television production process including organizational structure, terminology, equipment, construction methods, stunt and special effects techniques, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Health & Safety, Environmental Studies, Physical Sciences, or related
- Knowledge of Federal, state and local health & safety and environmental regulations(OSHA, Cal/OSHA, EPA, and other globally analogous regulatory agencies)
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) certification a plus
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Travel domestically and internationally
- Determine the applicable regulations in states and countries where a particular production may be shooting (possibly for the first time)
- Quickly recognize and collaboratively resolve various safety issues that arise during the course of normal production activities
- Partner with risk managers, loss control executives and insurance underwriters to resolve loss prevention issues
- Interact with regulatory agencies, company management, productions and studio personnel
- Share, encourage and inspire partners and colleagues to embed an overall culture of safety into everything they do.
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Only applications submitted through the linked job form will be considered.