Director of Production Safety
Skydance is seeking a senior level Director of Production Safety to oversee safety for all global productions, both film and television. The ideal candidate will have previous proven experience overseeing safety within a studio or network and will have managed multiple concurrent productions.
Duties included, but are not limited to:
- Provides health & safety consulting services to Skydance global productions
- Evaluates production concepts, scripts, pitches, etc., for safety and environmental concerns and risks
- Mitigates safety concerns by working directly with Production Executives, Producers, Unit Production Managers and other production staff
- Works directly with the Production in the planning and execution phase of all filming: assessing safety needs, securing appropriate vendors, and traveling to remote locations as required
- Attends production technical scouts and production meetings on a national and international basis
- Develops and distributes the Production Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP), and other production safety guidelines to production partners
- Evaluates production sets, stages and locations for safety issues
- Recommends corrective actions and assists productions in implementation
- Responds to, and investigates production emergencies, incidents and accidents
- Coordinates production employee health & safety training
- Works independently without direct management supervision
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with industry safety organizations, representatives and governmental regulatory agencies as appropriate
- Minimum of 10 years of production safety experience working for a studio, other production entity or as a production safety consultant
- Thorough understanding of motion picture and television production process including organizational structure, terminology, equipment, construction methods, stunt and special effects techniques, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Health & Safety, Environmental Studies, Physical Sciences, or related
- Knowledge of Federal, state and local health & safety and environmental regulations(OSHA, Cal/OSHA, EPA, and other globally analogous regulatory agencies)
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) certification a plus
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Travel domestically and internationally
- Determine the applicable regulations in states and countries where a particular production may be shooting (possibly for the first time)
- Quickly recognize and collaboratively resolve various safety issues that arise during the course of normal production activities
- Partner with risk managers, loss control executives and insurance underwriters to resolve loss prevention issues
- Interact with regulatory agencies, company management, productions and studio personnel
- Share, encourage and inspire partners and colleagues to embed an overall culture of safety into everything they do.
Only applications submitted through the linked job form will be considered.