Technical Project Manager
Mid-City, Los Angeles
The Technical Project Manager at Skydance Animation will be responsible for identifying project requirements and scope, establishing a schedule, resource utilization, budget, track and report on project performance, as well as ensure proper delivery of all projects within technology. The TPM will own the workflow and process of technology project management, including all internal technology, outward production communications, and executive dashboards. The Technology department provides a wide range of services, including IT infrastructure, software development, production pipeline engineering, technical support, and oversight of collaboration and presentation spaces.
- Maintain the technology project approval, tracking, management, and closure process
- Develop technology initiatives into actionable, measurable, deliverable plans that include requirements, schedules, budgets, resource planning, and acceptance criteria
- Oversee technology project plans from inception to completion, presenting updates, summarizing changes, clarifying concerns, and representing the needs of the technology team
- Facilitate internal task and project planning sessions, including daily standups, requirements gathering, backlog grooming, sprint planning, and retrospectives
- Identify and implement best practices and continuous improvements via post-project reviews and root cause analysis
- Present updates on projects to leadership and executive stakeholders
- Identify areas of process improvement, clarity of communication, optimization of resource utilization, and other areas to improve studio efficiency
- Establish and maintain relationships with external technology vendors
- Foster and maintain strong relationships with production and studio counterparts and external animation production vendors
- Directly supervise technology coordinators
- 5+ years in project management role in a technical or software environment
- Undergraduate degree and/or experience equal to level of knowledge and professionalism
- Proven experience demonstrating superior critical thinking and negotiating skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage the day-to-day tasks of diverse teams
- Proven ability to inspire, motivate and lead a team to produce quality work
- Demonstrated ability to connect, influence, and drive others to consensus
- Demonstrated ability to effectively present status, blockers, and next steps of projects to multiple disparate audiences
- Experience with documentation and ticketing software, i.e. Atlassian Confluence and Jira
- Experience with Software Development Lifecycle paradigms, i.e. Waterfall and Agile Scrum
- Proven ability to monitor and manage solutions through delivery
- Excellent communication skills in all areas
- Management of direct reports a plus
- Experience in the Visual Effects, Animation, or media and entertainment industries a plus
- Certified Scrum Master a plus
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category.
Only applications submitted through the linked job form will be considered.