Animation Production Supervisor
Skydance Animation is looking for an experienced supervisor to help manage, schedule and coordinate the day-to-day needs and workflow of the Story and Editorial Departments.
- A strong working knowledge of Story and Editorial departments on an animated productions
- Works closely with the Associate Producer to meet overall production scheduling and budget requirements. Has strong understanding of how changes may affect the budget, scheduling and overtime.
- Looks ahead to ensure weekly quotas, department milestones and inventory expectations are met
- Manages work-flow and logistical activities for assigned department(s)
- Coordinates the timely availability of resources
- Monitors and adjusts artist workload, and proactively predicts and communicates when artists need a new assignment
- Edits and moves storyboard media as instructed to secure holding areas
- Prepares each Story “Reviews & Launched” by ensuring that appropriate watermarked script pages, sequence story panels, and Quicktimes (if required) are ready for the Directors/Artists
- Responsible for accurate note-taking during reviews and communication of specific action items to departments, artists, SFX editors, music editors, etc.
- Creates and updates databases as required with notes, statuses, and other information
- Working with Producers and Director, assigns work to artists and manages schedules
- Creates and updates production management tools and schedules such as planning, work in progress tracking systems and technical specification manuals
- Actively communicates status of work/assignments to the Associate Producer
- Supervisor and mentor to Production Coordinators and Assistants
- Responsible for helping maintain crew morale
- Other projects and duties as may be assigned
- Experience in Coordinating/Supervising in Story or Editorial department on at least one animated production.
- Bachelor’s degree in Film, Art Communications or related field or directly relevant experience in a similar role demonstrating an equivalent level of professionalism.
- 4 years’ experience in a professional fast-paced and dynamic studio juggling multiple priorities successfully.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, strong Apple skills.
- Previous experience using Shotgun to track the progress of shots and assets.
- Exceptionally strong attention to detail.
- Very strong organizational and follow-through skills.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities while maintaining proactive communication with all stakeholders.
- Ability to anticipate problems/challenges/issues and proactively identify and solve/address.
- Personable and friendly communication style.
- Good sense of Humor; must be able to maintain a positive attitude and thrive in a highly ambiguous environment with strict deadlines.
- Legally authorized to work in the USA.
Only applications submitted through the linked job form will be considered.