Sr. Gameplay Engineer
Marina del Rey
Skydance Interactive is looking for a Sr. Gameplay Engineer to join our studio and be part of our engineering leadership team. In this position you'll be working closely with designers, artists, and your fellow engineers to create new gameplay systems, maintain existing ones, as well as provide technical and creative feedback. At Skydance Interactive, we believe that a small, focused, and dedicated team of talented people can create exceptional games.
- Design and implement gameplay features
- Take technical ownership of major game subsystems.
- Work closely with designers and artists to implement their ideas, providing technical and creative feedback.
- Implement, debug and optimize systems in C++ and other languages.
- Identify and communicate risks and roadblocks.
- Provide guidance to our junior engineers
- BS\MS in Computer Science or related fields, or equivalent experience
- Fluent in C++
- Strong math skills as well as 3D vector math
- Strong data structures, logic and algorithm skills
- Unreal Engine 4 experience is a must. At least one shipped title on UE4.
- Shipped at least one game as a Senior Software Engineer
- Comfortable working within an established code base and confirming to existing code standards and best practices
- Comfortable working closely with Designers, Artists, and other members of the development team in a highly iterative environment.
- Experience working with AI behavior trees, a plus
- Experience working with Animations, Motion Fields, Animation Blueprints, a plus
- Experience working with multiplayer games, a plus
- Able to work in the United States.
Only applications submitted through the linked job form will be considered.