Marina del Rey
Skydance Interactive is looking for a Gameplay Engineer to join our studio. In this position you'll be responsible for maintaining and extending major game subsystems, creating and optimizing gameplay elements, and working with the design team to implement ideas while providing technical and creative feedback. At Skydance Interactive, we believe that a small, focused, and dedicated team of talented people can create exceptional games.
- Design and implement gameplay features within an established framework.
- Take technical ownership of major game subsystems.
- Work closely with designers and artists to implement their ideas, providing technical and creative feedback.
- Implement, debug and optimize systems in C++ and other languages.
- Implement and augment tools to expose features to content creators.
- Provide time estimates to leads and management; keep co-workers informed about progress of programming deliverables as well as non-programming prerequisites for feature implementation.
- Identify and communicate risks and roadblocks.
- BS – MS in Computer Science or related fields, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent C++ programming and systems design skills.
- Strong math skills as well as 3D vector math.
- Unreal Engine 4 experience - shipped title on UE4 is preferred.
- Shipped at least one game as a Software Engineer with responsibilities for gameplay.
- Comfortable working within an established code base and conforming to existing code standards and best practices.
- Comfortable working closely with Designers, Artists, and other members of the development team in a highly iterative environment.
- Passion for games, game technology and VR.
- VR/AR experience a plus.
- Xbox One/PS4 experience a plus.
- Able to work in the United States.
Only applications submitted through the linked job form will be considered.