Senior Content Designer - Contract
Marina del Rey
Skydance Interactive is looking for an on-site contract Senior Content Designer to work on a VR game. Our ideal candidate will be a true generalist, who is an expert in Blueprint and Unreal and can work on a mix of level design, quest design, and combat encounter scripting. This person must have a strong storytelling/cinematic sense, as well as the ability to use encounters to drive pacing with linear level design and narrative focus.
- At least one shipped game as a level designer, with hands-on experience in action games, specifically of the single player variety.
- Must have expertise in Unreal 4 and Blueprint Expert knowledge of level and/or quest design, quest design and combat encounter scripting from tools, scripting and creative perspectives.
- Demonstrable skill in a professional level editing toolset.
- Ability to use encounters and level pacing to drive in-game storytelling.
- Familiar with tuning and balancing encounters.
- Experience with establishing and following a level design pipeline from paper design through implementation and revisions.
- Uses player, peer and lead feedback to improve your levels and the player experience.
- Ability to work and contribute effectively and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Solid problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Passion for playing and designing great, balanced, action games.
- Must be able to work on-site in the Marina del Rey studio
- Experience with or strong interest in VR
- Experience developing sandbox style gameplay
- Experience with both PC and console game development
- Strong background in systems design
- Experience with motion control
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Only applications submitted through the linked job form will be considered.