HR Business Partner
Skydance is looking for a highly dynamic HR Business Partner | Manager who will collaborate with our growing Animation team.
Responsible for managing and administering core HR programs including coaching, employee relations, reporting, and performance management this role must be able to assess, coach and influence the business as we scale, evolve and create amazing animated content and tell compelling stories.
Culture is a huge part of company. You must be as passionate about culture as you are about the business.
The HRBP will be managing organization design, training, compensation, employee development, talent density with our managers and creative leaders.
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic, thoughtful, collaborative Business Partner with the ability to inspire and influence. You must have a comfort with ambiguity and be able to make well-informed sound decisions. You must value inclusion diversity of opinions and people.
- Partner with Skydance Animation leadership and manager to implement HR programs and develop strategies to best support the studio needs – including on-boarding, off-boarding, and organization development.
- Build strong and effective professional relationships with key representatives of the Animation and Editorial Guilds who represent the creative production employees.
- Work with HR SVP to ensure that HR strategy and policies are implemented effectively and thoughtfully in Skydance Animation.
- Partner to design, develop and communicate HR practices and programs, while also being responsible for rollout to employees at Skydance Animation.
- Responsible for assessment, process improvement and day-to-day operation of the HR functions.
- Perform HR administrative activities which is not limited to but will include Onboarding, new hire paperwork, benefits enrollment, open enrollment LOA management, employment status changes, employee relations issues and employment terminations.
- Work with HR SVP to ensure that company meets all Federal and State regulations in the day to day HR practices.
- Provide HR coaching and expertise in resolution of employee concerns/issues and work closely with SVP to conduct, document and resolve employee investigations.
- Work closely with managers to prepare employee performance reviews, performance improvement plans, and disciplinary actions.
- BA/BS degree in a relevant field required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in HR/OD/OE HR demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility. Minimum 2 years experience at a Manager level.
- Previous experience in Animation and/or Interactive with unionized employees
- Prior experience with employee relations, HR reporting and performance management in a highly creative environment.
- Successful experience building relationships and providing support to multiple levels of management within a company.
- Knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Confident, effective leader with a track record of success with an approachable style and capable of working with people at all levels
- Must have the unquestionable integrity and the exceptional ability to maintain strict confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and work under deadlines
- Must be results driven, flexible and able to pivot quickly in the face of shifting priorities and demands.
- A self-motivated, positive and proactive individual capable of working autonomously and as a member of a team in a fast-paced entertainment environment.
- Legally authorized to work in the US.
Only applications submitted through the linked job form will be considered.