Skydance Media seeks a Paralegal, Contract Administration to support both the Theatrical and Television Business & Legal Affairs departments. This person will provide legal administrative support. Candidate must be detail-oriented, organized, resourceful, efficient, fast-paced, clear communicator, collaborative and take initiative. Candidate must have the ability to confidently and carefully manage and file catalogue of development and production agreements. This person will be responsible for managing the option tracking system.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Create ad/publicity restrictions, talent approvals and perks package charts for the above-the-line talent;
- Update payment tracking charts;
- Follow-up on payments and answer payment inquiries as required; related duties as needed.
- Calendar and track option and contract expiration dates and renewals on all agreements (e.g. production staff agreements, acquisition agreements, etc.) to provide accurate information to division regarding option/contract expiration deadline status, including notifying executives of applicable dates, ensuring that applicable options are exercised in a timely manner, and sending applicable option notices.
- Miscellaneous : Perform other duties, as assigned.
- BS/BA degree from an accredited university.
- Paralegal Certificate preferred.
- Minimum 3 years television contract management/payment administration experience required.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with employees at all levels.
- Knowledge of the entertainment industry and customary terms.
- Ability to prioritize, follow-up and schedule meetings.
- Aptitude to analyze and understand business contracts.
- Understanding of common contractual terms and practices.
- Cognizance of general business practices and legal issues.
- Commitment to being responsive and reliable.
- Highly organized and strict attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with persons on all levels, in-person, in email and on the telephone.
- Executes his or her duties with professionalism and the utmost discretion.
- Willing to work in a team environment and take direction and feedback.
- Eager to implement best practices and work flow systems.
- Excellent follow-through and ability to find and utilize all resources available.
- Ability to prioritize assignments and work effectively under time constraints.
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Only applications submitted through the linked job form will be considered.