Internship - Animation Development
Mid-City, Los Angeles
Skydance Animation is seeking Spring interns for our Creative Development department. Creative Development at Skydance helps filmmakers build and define their visions; we are looking for individuals with a passion for storytelling, research, and project management to work in a fast-paced, hands-on and collaborative environment.
Our internship program offers its own unique opportunities for learning and engagement with content creators. It is an experience ideal for those moving from classroom to the industry. This is a part-time internship.
- Cultivate an understanding of the Development process as it pertains to Animation
- Read a variety of incoming scripts and prepare written coverage reports
- Participation in pitches and interdepartmental meetings with Skydance leadership
- Work on project specific, industry-based research, and create presentations
- Research and stay current with trending industry topics via online trades, stories, etc
- Support daily office operations and assist with meetings notes
- Maintenance of distribution lists, mailing lists, filing systems
- Handle confidential correspondence, reports, presentations and other documents
- Potential opportunity to perform additional administrative duties including desk coverage and supporting Executives
- + much more!
- 10-week program, hours are 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Must be enrolled in a Bachelor or Master’s program at an accredited institution
- Passion for the Animation/Entertainment industry, focus on creative writing a plus
- Proficiency in Google tools and MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
- Self-starter with proficient writing and critical thinking skills, attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced media environment
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Only applications submitted through the linked job form will be considered.