SVP, Business & Legal Affairs - Scripted TV
Reporting to the Head of Business & Legal Affairs, the Senior Vice President, Business and Legal Affairs will be responsible for leading business and legal affairs for live action television and talent deals. This position will be located in Los Angeles.
- Serve as the senior member of the television business and legal affairs group of attorneys, contract managers and assistants who support the television scripted development and production group and talent group
- Oversee and manage the television business and legal affairs team
- Provide high level, strategic business and legal affairs guidance and support to the senior development and production team
- Structure, negotiate and draft a high volume of complex, high-profile creator/EP deals, first-look and overall deals, pilot/series talent deals, and development and production services deals
- Work with a broad range of departments to implement production legal policies and procedures
- Advise various departments (Programming, Production, Marketing and Promotion, Rights Management, etc.) in connection with complex business and legal matters
- Develop and create deal structures, parameters and templates and forms
- Maintain relationships with key managers, agencies and attorneys in the entertainment
- JD and must be a member of the California Bar
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
- Experience with scripted television
- Excellent knowledge of television industry agreements, guild and union regulations (SAG-AFTRA, Animation Guild, Local 839 I.A.T.S.E, WGA, DGA)
- Comprehensive knowledge of contract law and intellectual property rights, as well as a mastered capability for legal analysis and reasoning, is required
- Desired candidate will have a thorough understanding of entertainment industry customs and practices and possess demonstrated ability to effectively negotiate and interact with agents, managers and outside attorneys
- Must be a proven leader, with experience successfully managing a team, multi-task under pressure, manage a varied, high-volume workload efficiently and smoothly and operate autonomously within corporate parameters
- Ability to build strong internal client relationships, effectively advise senior-level executives under conditions of uncertainty, high-pressure and/or high-risk and generate strong client satisfaction through quick turnaround and firm decision-making
- The ideal candidate will be collaborative, positive and team-oriented
- Excellent drafting, negotiation, communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, organizational and computer skills
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Only applications submitted through the linked job form will be considered.