Senior Manager, TV Production Finance
The Senior Manager of TV Production Finance is responsible for project budgeting and financial analysis within the Skydance Television Production Group.
Hands on position working directly with the SVP and Director of Production Finance, providing financial expertise on budgets, cost reporting and cashflows.
Must be proficient in several areas of production finance and able to adequately answer questions or inquiries in relation to budgets.
- Create television production budgets and cash flows for projects in development.
- Must understand and be able to break down a script for budgeting.
- Vet budgets submitted from outside sources.
- Understand ATL Guild rates and fringes, ensure tax incentive lines for labor and/or non-labor have been properly flagged, ensure BTL fringes are properly reflected, travel has been calculated accurately, etc.
- Partner closely with Creative Executives to develop preliminary production plans and budget scenarios.
- Once in Pre-Production, review budget submissions for productions in partnership with Production Executives, Producers, UPM’s and Accountants.
- Draft and submit tax incentive applications, and monitor accessibility and achievement of minimum requirements throughout production.
- Assist with the creation of corporate structure diagrams to ensure the proper legal and funding arrangements between domestic and international companies.
- Build foreign currency cash flow projections and work with Corporate Finance to manage applicable hedge purchases.
- Assist senior executives in the day-to-day management of television shows.
- Assist with auditing production operations to ensure Studio compliance.
- Manage and prepare ad hoc production and corporate reports as needed - may include more granular investigation of specific accounts to help illustrate cost/spend trends to alert management to potential budget controls and conclusions.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years of television production finance experience required
- Strong financial modeling and analytical abilities
- Comprehensive understanding of tax incentives (both domestic and foreign) with thorough understanding of crew base, estimated travel and living rates, proper jurisdiction of required personnel, etc.
- Highly collaborative with strong interpersonal and project management skills
- Ability to develop external relationships within the Film and Television community and with senior executives
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects simultaneously, demonstrate strong analytical skills, and work well under pressure.
- Attention to detail, desire for accuracy, and a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts, think strategically, solve problems, and implement solutions
- Fluency in insurance matters and issues related to production
- Ability to make decisions and problem solve in a collegial environment
- Proficiency with Movie Magic Budgeting, GlobalVista/PSL/Smart Accounting
- Experience as a location accountant with extensive travel, a plus
Only applications submitted through the linked job form will be considered.