Animation Production Accountant
Skydance Animation is looking for an experienced Production Accountant to join it's Animation division. The Production Accountant will provide financial support and analysis for Skydance Animation. This position is responsible for all financial and accounting functions related to production inclusive of cost reporting, forecasting/cash flows, accounts payable and payroll processing, general accounting and ad-hoc analysis. The Production Accountant will work directly with Film Production Management, Producers and the Vice President of Finance.
- Manage all financial aspects of production accounting, including budgeting, cash flows, cost tracking, variance analysis, forecasting estimated final cost (EFC), production quota and productivity reporting as well as monthly reconciliation to the corporate ledger.
- Partner with the Production leadership to create and manage production schedules and budgets that deliver films on budget.
- Provide and present clear, accurate and timely production planning scenarios and analysis to both Production and Studio Management during the life cycle of a film.
- Understand and aid in solving budgeting and staffing issues.
- Collaborate with Show leadership to measure production health against quotas, milestones, complexity goals and budget and create executive summaries that headline those measurements.
- Adapt to changing scenarios, anticipate problems and recommend solutions to Show leadership, while maintaining Studio objectives.
- Clearly and concisely communicate issues and collaborate with Production Leadership to problem solve using active listening and knowledge of the animation production process.
- Provide accurate, detailed and timely cost reports, cash flow and headcount forecasts, Staffing Profiles, and Vista reconciliations.
- Comply with all Studio procedures for POs, invoices, checks and time card approvals.
- Collaborate with Production Finance team to establish best practices, maintain consistency across shows and provide maximum efficiency.
- Liaise with Studio HR and Recruiting team to identify proper hiring needs and practices.
- Direct and approve all staffing documents including Terminations, Dismissal Pay, Vacation Payout and Bill Backs in a timely manner.
- Direct Assistant Production Accountant on all aspects of their job to ensure Studio compliance, accuracy and timely processing of all payments.
- Mentor and train Assistant Production Accountant to ensure strong work performance.
- 5 years Production accounting experience required
- Proficiency with Excel required.
- Experience with Smart Accounting preferred.
- Business or Accounting degree preferred.
- Animation experience preferred.
- Knowledge of IA pay practices preferred (notably 839 and 700).
Only applications submitted through the linked job form will be considered.